Why is my cat sneezing?!

Happy Saturday all,

Fredo has been sneezing the last two days.. well, day and a half.  I haven’t heard it in a few hours, but it still freaks me out.  I don’t know what this could have come from, since he’s an inside cat, Daphne is an inside cat, and his only exposure to the world lately was his vet visit Wednesday which, as I said, was 10 minutes long.  There were also no other animals there when we were there, and we’ve never had an issue before.

Note to self and others:  Don’t google this.  Feline leukemia comes up.  COOL.  But I’m just monitoring for now.  It’s just so bizarre.  Any ideas?

On another note, look at this adooorable picture.  He’s always had a little snaggle tooth, gives him some character.  You see it more in this picture than normal because he was sleeping in a roly poly ball.  And covering his head.. something he missed during the collar days.  So basically I’m obsessed with how cute he is.

20150417_211438

Comments

Yup, that Fredo is a cutie.

He could have seasonal allergies or he just got something up his nose. About the only thing you can do is keep the windows closed and try not to bring pollen in on your shoes. I’d just wait it out and only take him to the vet if it persists.

My cats tend to get dandruff and it clears up in the summer.

Kerren

Of course, since I posted this, I haven’t heard anything. LOL. Go figure. Human allergies are a bummer in Arizona, and we’ve had decent weather the last few days so the windows have been open.. let’s hope it’s just that!

• Eve says:

hiya just waving hi to say I’m the Mommy of a tripped cat dao dao. We were lucky as we went to a Referal and had a result of what happened in 1 week after the surgery . It turns out to be osteosarcoma which is bone cancer. Good news is they don’t spread and there’s too little study on whether chemo helps, so once amputated that’s ok. I read you said something maybe of lymph , and my other cat recently got diagnosed with cancer and lymphoma was one of the 3-4 suggestion. If so, chemo is the way to go.
    Your cat coped very well after surgery and is good to see him walking so well

• Codie Rae says:

All my pups (we are in CA) are going crazy with allergies this year. Never seen it so bad! So here’s hoping its as simple as that. No more sneezing Fredo kitty!

Yel, joining the allergy train. Sneezing, coughing can certainly be signs!

No .more Dr. Google! We ALL have turned into complete hypochondriacs as a result of this journey and every little hiccup makes us worry like crazy!!

Fredo is just fine!! Look at that ADORABLE picture! Nothing wrong with Fredo!!! It’s easy to be obsessed with his cuteness!!

ReAx a d go enjoy snuggling with Fredo!
    Hugs!

Sally and Alumni Happy Hannah and Merry Myrtle too!

You’re right.. he is doing so well so I need to calm down. He jumped up on our bed yesterday! It wasn’t graceful but he’s been trying and usually just bounces off the side, so this is good. 🙂

• jerry says:

Oh you fluffy furball, I just wanna smoosh you!

Dr. Google is FIRED.

Talk to Erica aka Jill the Cat’s mom, her cat Jack was having a sneezing fit for a while and it turned out to be nothing. Check out Jill’s blog for some posts about it.

• rica55 says:

Is anything coming out of his nose when he sneezes, like snot or anything? If so, definitely worth a trip to the vet….if not….might still be worth a trip.
    I went through a LOT of trips and money for my Jack he was mysteriously sneezing (and still is)…like a LUNATIC…this has now been going on for about 4-5 months. We still don’t know why…could be allergies, could be dust, who knows…but it was worth looking into, since it wasn’t going away. If it is less frequent and goes away, then yay! Jack had a broken tooth so we thought it was that at first, and it had to be pulled. But that didn’t help. Then he had a skull xray, all looked totally fine.
    Then my regular vet sent me to a specialist to have a trans trachial wash and rhinoscopy done…..WHAT!? yeah…ok…i LOVE my jack but really?
    The specialist took a look at him and was like “uh no…he doesnt need that”

………and we still don’t know why hes sneezing……but he sure is CUTE when he does 😀

LOL oh gosh. Poor guy. Yeah there’s nothing coming out, and it’s so slight that you’d almost not realize that he’s sneezing. And his behavior otherwise is “normal”, like pre-amputation normal. Maybe once we get into the summer months and we NEVER open our windows, it’ll clear up.

• tinav323 says:

Aw what an adorable kitty. Glad to hear the sneezing seems to have stopped. I get paranoid too when anything is out of the ordinary with Smore. Google can be dangerous lol