Little man update

Just a little update.  Last time I checked in, we’d gotten some bad news from the vet.  Nothing has really changed.  We’ve been less than successful administering meds to Alfredo, so we opted to get a steroid injection versus a daily pill.  We found it to be immediately effective; he was having near-daily breathing attacks due to mets in his lungs.  Since he got the shot almost two weeks ago, we’ve only witnessed one breathing attack (and it was very short and resulted in vomiting–which almost makes me think it wasn’t breathing-related at all since those particular actions are somewhat similar sounding).

On the other hand, all our attempts to administer his bronchodilator have  been met with resistance… lol.  We’re still trying.  He’s also not a huge fan of pain meds in his ears (buprenorphine gel).  He’ll let me touch his ears any other time, but if he suspects I have the gel on them, he flattens them against his head and runs away.  Such a goof.

Overall good.  He’s eating well and behaving normally.  It’s odd to think that he’s even sick.

We’re having trouble keeping our chubby little girl away from his food (which is kitten food now due to his weight loss).  Debating the Sure Feed method for him, although he’s not microchipped.  Anyone have any experience out there with this product?

Garbage truck terror!  It’s been months and he still isn’t used to that thing coming up the hill.

Prettiest kitty eyes.

Have a lovely week!

Comments
  • otisandtess says:

He is just beautiful! So glad the meds are helping!

Oh my goodness Alfredo!! I could look at your handsome self and GORGEOUS eyes all day long!! 🙂

And ya’ know what? Lil’ Man doesn’t even think he’s sick because all that mumbo jumbo Vet talk and tests don’t mean squat to him! He is feeling great and that is all that matters!! 🙂

I’m sooo glad the injection made such a positive difference! You are a great advocate for your Lil’ Man! 🙂

Keep these good updates coming WITH PICTURES of course! 🙂

Hugs!

Sally and Alumni Happy Hannah and Merry Myrtle and Frankie too!

PS. Chubby sista, you stay away from Alfred’s food! Oh, and I have experience with Sure Feed, so no help there.

• purrkins says:

Alfredo looks fantastic! I agree you would never know he is sick by looking at him!
    He looks purrfect his eyes are so bright and clear and alert! Soooo happy to see him and hear the shot made such a pawsitive difference. Since he is doing so good without the bronchodilator , maybe you do not need to worry about it, if he is not having symptoms the pred might be all he needs?

I have no experience with the sure feeder either sorry.
    Hugs,
    Holly & Purrkins

• charliebear says:

Ohhhh my my my Alfredo! Absolutely handsome you are!!! And I think it is the smell of the gel that he flattens his ears from. Not much to do about that unless there is a competing smell: sardines, ham baby food, or, Hill’s A/D? Have you tried Hill’s A/D? Highly digestible, palatable, high calorie critical care wet food. Can be ordered online from Amazon and all of ours love it . Alfredo, you are so, so handsome and bright eyed and a TRUE CAT! Show them how it’s done, Alfredo!!! Hugs and best wishes to such an inspawration!!!

• jerry says:

Keep up the fight, Fredo! As long as you’ve got that spunk you are kicking cancer’s butt. xoxo

• LauraD says:

Awe buddy. Sending our good thoughts.