See you on the other side, little buddy

My Little Cat Ghost

The years I’ve worn you,
warm upon my shoulder,
ended here…
surprised to find us older.

And there was nothing
left to do today
but hold you close
and help you on your way.

Be still, my little cat,
Be well; be free.
I know that you are somewhere near,
and loving me.

Hey all,

Well, the time for Fredo to exit this world (leaving cancer, pain, difficulty breathing, and two heartbroken humans behind) has come and gone.  Dr. Hannah from Lap of Love came, on time, administered two shots, and let us snot all over the place while we cried until he was gone.  She took time with us to get every paw print/impression that we wanted/needed, and then she took him away.  He’ll be cremated and returned to us within a couple of weeks.

I don’t have a whole lot else to say.  My heart hurts, but I know that if he was still alive, he’d be sleeping on the floor of the closet, away from us, struggling to breathe.  There’d still be life in his eyes, but barely.  I know this was the right thing to do.  It just really, really sucks.

I think we’re fortunate to live in the digital age, because I’m not sure many days went by, especially recently, that I didn’t take a picture of him or his sister, or both.  So, here is a sampling.  Please note: I did take a “last” picture.  It’s not that weird, but skip if you need to.  Thank you all again for the ongoing support.

Christmas 2012 – pre-tripawd 🙂

His Christmas mouse, and the most handsome face

Daphne’s big brother

I assume he’s already found a suitable lap for lounging.

The most proper

His first picture with his baby sister Daphne

His last picture with his baby sister Daphne

Love to my little buddy. Our perfect kitty.

Comments
  • hester says:

I am so sorry and understand your anguish and emptiness. Wishing your hearts healing and wishing Fredo “buon viaggio”, a happy and safe journey and the sweetest dreams.

Lisa

• Michael Lopour says:

This is a really beautiful remembrance, I know this is an experience that’s hard enough just to handle minute to minute, let alone with such grace, perspective, love and compassion. Rest in Peace, Alfredo.

• Amy Allen says:

What a touching tribute. No matter how hard you prepare yourself, your never really prepared when the time comes. Rip Fredo.

• rikntracy says:

I’m so sorry to hear about Fredo. I hadn’t read his blog before so I went back and brushed up on Fredo 101! What a sweet, neat guy. We’re so sorry for your loss, but are happy that Fredo had such a wonderful, caring family who gave him a happy life of love.

Tracy& Zatoichi

• juliedarling says:

So deeply sorry for your loss. There are no words except that you had the honor of having him in your life and he yours. He will be with you in spirit always.
    xoxo
    Julie and Spirit Buddy

• midnighter94 says:

I’m so very sorry about Fredo. He was a very special cat. It’s always such a tough decision to make, but made from a place of love.
    Hugs to you
    Donna

• Michelle says:

I am so sorry for your loss. Run free Fredo

hugs
    Michelle & Angel Sassy

• Ian says:

R.I.P Alfredo the Mouth. Will definitely miss playing tag/keep away on the stairs, getting begged for treats, and chillaxin on the rug giving pets. Definitely a blue collar cat. Godspeed Fredo

• linda8115 says:

I’m so sorry! Little Fredo was one special and loved cat! Fly free new Angel! Hoping your beautiful memories and pictures will allow you to smile someday as your heart begins to heal. Fredo hasn’t really left you he’ll always be close until the day you meet again.

• otisandtess says:

I am so sorry to hear this news. Thank you for sharing your beautiful photos and memories with us.

• Purrkins says:

A beautiful tribute to Fredo! We are so sorry! We know you gave Fredo the best fight! You gave him the ultimate gift of love possible! You set him free of his pain!
    We are all here for you!
    Run & fly free Alfredo watch over your Mom and send her a sign!
    Love & hugs!
    Holly & Purrkins

• traceym says:

What a beautiful and touching tribute to Fredo.

It hurts but you gave him the ultimate gift by alleviating his pain.

Tracey & Tai

• Hannah Curtis says:

Rest well sweet boy, Alfredo.

• Codie Rae says:

Awww Fredo, me ‘n the OP remember when you joined us like it was yesterday and we are so sad you had to leave us. We’ll miss you l’il kitty dude 😿But we know your humans did the right thing at the right time, even though it broke their hearts they had the strength to let you go. You will always be one pawesome Tripawd Warrior in our 💖 Run free Fredo 🌈
    xoxo to your pawrents,
    Codie Rae and the Oaktown Pack

• jerry says:

Fredo and family, you touched us all with your journey on three legs. We are very sad to know you got your wings but so honored that we were part of your life for a time. It feels like you’ve been with us furever, and we will miss you dearly. Please watch over our TriKitty heroes up there OK? Some day we’ll see you again and give you a giant smooch on your handsome face.

With love and condolences,